Population Health Metrics is recruiting Associate Editors. As the growth of the journal continues, we must also ensure that it is able to cope with increased submissions on key topics whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We encourage applications from researchers with a background in a range of subject areas related to population health, measures of population health, descriptive epidemiology at the population level, burden of disease and injury analysis, disease and risk factor modeling for populations, and comparative assessment of risks to health at the population level.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in individuals who are engaged and are willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise.
You should have a minimum of twenty research papers published in reputable peer-review journals.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Editor, your contribution to the journal would involve joining an international board of academic Editors who are responsible for checking the suitability of manuscripts within their field of expertise and guiding them through the peer review, revision and publication processes. The core responsibilities of an Associate Editor lie in three main areas: journal development, peer review and journal advocacy.
- The Associate Editor handles new submitted manuscripts, ensuring peer review is swift, thorough and efficient, and that appropriate peer reviewers are selected
- The Associate Editor ensures all manuscripts recommended for acceptance meet the standards and scope of the journal
- Highlighting promotion-worthy content to the Journal Development Editor and Editor-in-Chief
- Providing feedback and suggesting improvements for the journal
- Writing occasional reviews or commentaries for the journal upon invitation
- Suggesting commissioning opportunities in your topic areas
- The Associate Editor is an ambassador for the Journal in their field, encouraging submissions and highlighting the ethos, scope and aims of the Journal
- Where called upon, the Associate Editor assists the Editor-in-Chief in preparing and executing strategies to develop the journal
Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.