Population Health Metrics is a renowned open access journal publishing cutting-edge methodology studies measuring population health at a global level. The journal publishes articles across a broad range of topics encompassing health state measurement and valuation, summary measures of population health, descriptive epidemiology at the population level, burden of disease and injury analysis, disease and risk factor modeling for populations, and comparative assessment of risks to health at the population level.
The journal is owned and published by BioMed Central, which is part of Springer Nature. The journal currently has an Impact Factor of 2.936. In 2021 almost 592,000 articles were downloaded from the website. BioMed Central is seeking to appoint a Co-Editor-in-Chief to join Professor Jonathan Samet.
The newly appointed Co-Editor-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Journal and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope Population Health Metrics are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Researchers with broad experience related to the aims and scope of the journal.
- Experienced as journal Editors, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporters of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Population Health Metrics.
- Interested in building strong community relationships at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Population Health Metrics.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the Journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a busy and thriving journal.
Population Health Metrics is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Associate Editors. The position offers an honorarium, whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with an option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Rita Moreira, Senior Publisher, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Rita Moreira, Senior Publisher, at email@example.com